Ryan’s IELTS Blog – Actionable IELTS resources and strategies that work! Put IELTS behind you!
- How to respond to ‘discuss both views’ in IELTS Task 2by Ryan on December 19, 2020 at 1:40 pm
This band 9 essay sample demonstrates how to respond to a question that asks you to ‘discuss both views’. This is a real Task 2 question seen in Moscow: Some people contend that all young people should attend university after … Continue reading →
- Are you repeatedly getting band 6? Try this…by Ryan on December 6, 2020 at 3:45 pm
It is not uncommon for candidates to get stuck at the band 6 level. In this video, we look at some ways to move past this hurdle.
- How to start sentences in your IELTS essay!by Ryan on November 16, 2020 at 8:44 am
Was this video helpful? Pick up the 2021 version of my IELTS Writing ebooks here: http://ieltsielts.com/study-with-ryan/
- 10+ High frequency Academic Task 1 verbs!by Ryan on October 24, 2020 at 5:09 pm
In this video, we look at the more common Academic Task 1 verbs and how they can help accelerate and enhance your performance in the IELTS. Have a look: The verbs seen in this video are: jump, climb, rise, grow, … Continue reading →
- Important compare and contrast IELTS languageby Ryan on August 13, 2020 at 9:27 am
Here is the essay as it appears in the video: Some people think cars are better than bicycles when transiting a city. What is your opinion? Discuss both views in your response. There are benefits and drawbacks to both cars … Continue reading →