How to Select the Best Coaching Center For IELTS Exam Training?
With IELTS exam becoming popular all over the world as a recognized authority for English language testing, coaching centers started mushrooming all around the globe. These coaching centers claim high success rates through advertisements to lure potential candidates. But there are no central agencies to control the growth and maintain quality of these IELTS coaching centers. Many coaching centers ask hefty fees from the students for unplanned and substandard coaching; others spend time in teaching unscrupulous ways to candidates appearing for IELTS exam . The recent incidents of candidates caught in impersonation at Chandigarh, India is an example for these increasing coaching center centric crimes for getting high IELTS scores.
Competitiveness among IELTS coaching centers has increased multifold and success rates in IELTS exam is one of the main criteria for attracting students. On the flip side students got more choices for selecting a good coaching center. Here is a list of main points to identify and select the best coaching center near your place. This will help you in starting you’re coaching in a good institution and come out in IELTS exam with flying colors.
1) An institution with training for multiple related exams. A institution which conducts training for TOEFL, GMAT, GRE etc. has an upper hand in giving candidates a good training for IELTS exam . IELTS exam is similar to TOEFL and related to GMAT and GRE. The only difference is that IELTS exam focuses on communicative English and does not cover aptitude testing. So you have chances for getting good and trained faculty for IELTS coaching.
2) Quality of Students studying in the institution. If the students who join for coaching are working professionals in multinational companies or from famous universities, then its an added advantage. They will communicate mostly English. It will help you in improving your English standard and give you a chance to interact with them very frequently and correct your English grammar.
3) Good Study materials. Ensure that coaching center gives the students lot of home works and assignments. If the institution sells study materials to students enrolled in distant education, then you have more chances of getting good quality study material, which is more important for a student preparing for IELTS exam .
4) Duration of coaching classes: The minimum time for a coaching class should be 2 hours of effective training. Any thing less than that will compromise the quality of training.
5) Teaching by foreign born English speaking staff: This will accelerate your quality of English. You can learn and understand their accent and pronunciation. They will teach to use simple English in speaking, listening and writing. So select a coaching center frequently visited by English speaking foreigners.
6) Strength of a class and type of pedagogy: The strength of the class matters most. The attention given to each student decreases with increased student strength in a class. You can verify it with a ratio of number of students with teaching staff. The best ratio is one teacher for every 6 students. Ensure that you are counting only the teachers or tutors and not the administrative staff. The type of pedagogy can be found by the overview of the course and through discussion with the students studying in the respective coaching center.
So next time, before enrolling into a coaching center for IELTS exam preparation, Spend some time in research and about the coaching center you planned to join. Wish you all the success.
Watch this lesson to get a better score on Task 1 of the academic IELTS. Panicked about the writing section of the IELTS? Or do you work in a field that requ…